- Friday is a very important day for Muslims. It is more significant and more beneficial than any other day of the week.
- It is the day that Muslims gather together to pray in congregation. Directly before the prayer they listen to a lecture designed to empower them with valuable knowledge about God, and the religion of Islam.
- It is a blessed day that has been designated as such by God, Almighty; no other day of the week shares its virtues.
There is no special place or special time to worship God, there are moments, days, or times that God has made more superior; Friday is one of those times.
- From the traditions of Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, we learn that “The best day in the sight of God is Friday, the day of congregation”.
- Congregational prayers (obligatory for men) are one of the most strongly emphasized duties in Islam. It is a time when Muslims come together to worship One God, and find strength and comfort by standing shoulder to shoulder and reaffirming their faith and devotion to Him.
“O you who believe! When the call to prayer is proclaimed on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of God, and leave aside business. That is best for you if you but knew.” (Quran 62:9)
“The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. It is the day Adam was created. It is the day when Adam entered the Heavenly Gardens, the day when he was expelled from it and also the day he died. Friday is the day on which the Day of Resurrection will take place.”
Friday is also the day on which one of the greatest verses in the Quran was revealed.
“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen Islam as your religion.” (Quran 5:3)